Warm up your weekend with sauna steam, community, and a playlist that brings it all together for the perfect start to your weekend.
Friday night at The Yard is an homage to the backyard sauna scene that has made Minneapolis the Sauna Capital of North America.
What to expect:
- The Yard is located at the Superior Sauna & Steam Showroom at 4355 Nicollet Avenue in the Kingfield neighborhood of Minneapolis.
- An authentic sauna that produces the best löyly (sauna steam) in the city and comfortably seats 20 people for leisurely rounds between hot room, indoor fireplace lounge and outdoor bonfire cooling patio.
- Indoor bathrooms and changing rooms with lockers
A casual hosted (but not guided) sauna experience. You have access to enjoy rounds between the sauna and lounges for the duration of your 90 minute reservation.
- Fellowship. This is a community sauna experience, which doesn’t mean you have to be chatty; It just means you’ll be kindly sharing the space with 20 or so other steamers. (We also offer private group bookings if you’d like to host your own sauna party. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.)
- The vibe is chill, with a pulse. Expect quiet conversations and a carefully selected sauna playlist played at background music volume inside the sauna, bonfire patio and lounges.
- We limit our reservations to 20 guests at a time to ensure optimal flow between the sauna and lounges. Our Friday Night session usually sells out, so expect to reserve your tickets in advance if you’d like to guarantee a seat on the bench.
- Plan on bringing easy-to-slip-on/off sandals or flip-flops, two towels and your bathing suit (required). Robes are optional but nice for relaxing between rounds (and available for purchase).
- Guests must be 13 years of age or older.
- No refunds. Like most event tickets and concerts, we do not offer refunds if you get sick or are unable to make it for the event. Furthermore, we rarely cancel due to severe weather—the worse the weather the better the sauna! We recommend selling your ticket on social media or gifting it to a friend if you’re unable to join for any reason.